So you think you can't shop online and save money? Think again. Most people believe shopping online is a luxury or at least definitely a more expensive way to go than going to the mall. That's not at all the case! In many cases, you can find better bargains online than off!
Keep reading and you'll find out how to get a deal online that will make you realize that it's ok to stay home and let the UPS man do the delivery work.
How do I get a bargain online?
1. Look for stores that offer free shipping all the time. Believe it or not, there are a lot of them. Some offer free shipping with a minimum purchase and others have no requirements. Amazon will ship almost anything free as long as you spend $25. Shoes.com requires no minimum purchase for free shipping and they also offer free returns! Staples ships your order free when you spend $49. We also highlight some of those stores in our sidebar to the right. When your order ships free, that's a big deal--at least to me. That way, you're not wasting your gas to spend your money and you're still getting the great online prices!
2. Look for coupons for your online purchase. You can visit our coupon page for available coupons for many of your favorite stores. In our blog posts, we include available coupons, so you can look there as well. You can also search your favorite search engines for coupons for your favorite stores. Of course, if you find the deal here, we love it when you click on through our links. The income we generate from those links helps us to keep bringing the deals.
3. ALWAYS check the clearance sections of your favorite online stores. You never know what you'll find. I've found great deals in The Children's Place sales and also at Target on clearance--yes, online, too!
4. Check several stores before you buy. Compare the prices. Look for coupons. Sometimes even if something is marked down substantially at one store, you'll get a better deal using a free shipping code at another store where it's a little bit more expensive. Make sure you're getting the most bang for your buck!
5. Patience. If you can't find a deal, wait. If it's not something you need immediately, chances are a deal will eventually come along. Just have patience.
6. Sign up for newsletters from your favorite online sites. They'll often send out special offers through email. Also look for new customer deals for stores you haven't shopped before.
7. If all else fails, ASK US! We are good at sniffing out deals and truth be told, we love doing it, so send us an email or leave us a comment. We'll help you find it.
So don't think you can't get better deals online. You really can and in this economy, we all need to save every penny.