Print this $1.00 off 2 HORMEL Pepperoni packages coupon while you can. You can pick up the packages of the large slices at Kroger this week as part of the 10 for $10 sale. That means with this coupon, you'll get them for just .50 each.
If you want the regular or mini size pepperoni, that's also on sale this week as part of the What A Deal sale. When you buy 10 sale items, the pepperoni is $2.49 so just $1.99 each after the coupon.
I like this coupon because the Super Bowl is coming up and we'll be making snacks around here. One of the things I make for all our get-togethers like that is Pepperoni Rolls. I make a batch and they're gone around here in no time! The large slices are perfect for my pepperoni rolls, so I can stock up for our Super Bowl party!
Here's a picture of some pepperoni rolls I made for New Year's Eve.
They're yummy! Pepperoni Rolls are the State Food of West Virginia, but I didn't realize they were a regional thing until I moved away. Regardless of what you see on the internet, you CANNOT make these with canned crescent roll dough. They will NOT taste the same. You need a light, white bread dough to make these.
Some people fill them with cheese and banana peppers. I'm a purist though. I only use pepperoni. That's it. Some people chop up some pepperoni and add it to their dough as they mix it. I tried that once and didn't care for it. I admit I'm not the best at recipes, but here's how I make mine. There's only two ingredients and you can't mess it up. I am begged to make them at every family get together we have and I usually have to make 2 batches because they disappear in no time!
- Your favorite yeast roll recipe or if you're in a rush, you can use frozen roll dough. Yes, I admit I'm almost always in a rush!
1. Separate your dough into rolls. You'll have to decide if you want large rolls or if you're using frozen dough, that size is perfect.
2. Roll them flat.
3. Fill with sliced pepperoni(you can add cheese and/or pepper rings at this point)
4. Fold over to close and place seam side down on baking sheet.
5. Let rise in warm spot until about double in size.
6. Bake at 375 for about 12 minutes(check them after 10)
7. Cool and eat!
And I have to add that I'm disappointed in myself because I wrote this post last week and never posted it! That's ok because these make a great Super Bowl snack. I'll be making some!